The Faroe Islands are a self-governing territory within the Kingdom of Denmark. With the help of its Danish counterpart, the local tourist office aims to highlight the destination, already ranked by National Geographic as one of the most beautiful in the world.
In 2015, following mass promotion in France of neighboring Iceland, the Faroe Islands decided to boost their own visibility on social networks, specifically targeting French tourists.
The Tourist Office opted to use Instagram’s visual, viral power as its main channel of communication.
HapTag Media’s role
The Faroe Islands chose HapTag Media to design, arrange, and put into practice an Instatrip for French Instagrammers:
- Selection and briefing of suitable Instagrammers (chosen from the HapTag Media partner network)
- 2 HapTag Media photographers to guide the action and create additional content
- Tracking of Instagrammers’ work (content creation and display on their accounts)
- Extra visibility via relevant posts on HapTag Media’s Vacations network
- 100 items of content provided and posted on 4 Instagram accounts in our partner network and 2 accounts in HapTag Media’s Vacations network
- 300k engagements
- 6% average engagement rate per post
- +10% followers for @VisitFaroeIslands in 1 month